2009 Phillies Phestival

phillyphan

Lifetime Member
Credits
Getting there early is the best advice and can not be overstated.

You need to redeem your tickets for the players that correspond with each number. They do not release that until later in the day - and they doo run out of vouchers for that number so you want to be upfront in line.

It is a busy day, but it is a good chance to get alot of the players signatures!

KenJ

Lifetime Member
Credits
Thanks for the info - how early is early? Noon? 3:00? 5:00?

I'm going to have my son with me. Pretty good kid but like any 10 year old will get antsy standing around.

And any advantage entering at a particular gate? Especially to redeem the coupon for the second autograph?

And when you say you can get alot of auto's, how's that work if there are tickets/coupons for particular tables/stations?

Thanks again for the info!!!! Ken

vince05

Founding Member
Website
phillygraphsttm.blogspot.com
Credits
get ready to kick, scream, run, push and every other pathetic way to ruin a good day. i used to work for the phils and volunteered to work at this thing every year. that way back in the 90's at the vet. it was crazy with dykstra and daulton and mitch. i hope they have improved things for you lucky son of a bs that get to go. good luck!

dd316

Charter Member
Credits
Thanks for the info - how early is early? Noon? 3:00? 5:00?

I'm going to have my son with me. Pretty good kid but like any 10 year old will get antsy standing around.

And any advantage entering at a particular gate? Especially to redeem the coupon for the second autograph?

And when you say you can get alot of auto's, how's that work if there are tickets/coupons for particular tables/stations?

Thanks again for the info!!!! Ken

2 years ago I got there about an hour before gates opened and I'd say 4-5 of the auto booths were already sold out. Whatever time this opens, I'd say to be there AT LEAST 2 hours prior to opening if there are specific tables/players you want to get. Last year I got there after it started and just bought a standard $10 admission, still walked away with some autos (including Pat Burrell who I'd NEVER gotten while he was with the team!!).

They have all the windows outside marked with where to line up to exchange your vouchers for specific players. You redeem your non-specified ticket for whichever you want, as long as it's not sold out. I think there's only one gate in and out, if I remember correctly.

You can get additional autos for an extra donation (usually $5-$10) if a certain players' line goes quickly. Once everyone that has a ticket for them is done, they'll open the line back up for donations.

Hope that all makes sense!

graphgoddess

Premier Member
Credits
be there at at least 1pm. i been there the last 3 years and had to do that to get my tix.

muwolverine22

Founding Member
Credits
anybody have a link for tickets available anywhere? I've checked ebay and im either entering the wrong key words or nothing os on there. I'd like to go and missed out while i was working on tickets that sold out so fast! lol Or if anybody has an extra ticket pm me and i can send either check m.o. or paypal as payment.

graphgoddess

Premier Member
Credits
you can try craigslist. thats where i know some people got theres. if you dont find any, best thing to do is buy the 10 buck ticket and try to get smaller guys when their lines die down.

graphgoddess

Premier Member
Credits
you can bring anything to get signed. they dont turn down things here bc its a charity event.
Hey - can I bring a bat/balls to be signed? We are putting together a collection with individual WS balls and a team bat.

Here's a link to our web page with what we have so far.

KenJ's Card Trading Website - 2008 Phillies-WS Champs

Not pictured yet are the Chad Durbin and Clay Condrey balls and Durbin's signature on the bat.

I have a "spare" Ryan Madson WS ball I'd be willing to trade or sell.

Atlabraves

Banned
Credits
one guy has tickets up on ebay under phillies phestival tickets, you can meet the entire team! and has 17 tickets! check it out, he probably wants alot but you get to meet everyone.

Buster1776

Premier Member
Credits
whoa, 17 tickets! I don't think there's enough time to hit all 17 stations if you tried!