Alex Rodriguez Book Signing: Books & Books, Coral Gables FL....

rdf8585

Banned
Credits
This seems to be a recurring theme - which is not a good sign.

I just checked my account and it hasn't been voided yet. I was charged 24.99 and 63.97 for 1.

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
Having worked in retail for quite a time....I can tell you that credit card refunds do not go thru RIGHT AWAY. Depending on when and how the store processed them it usually takes a few days to go thru and even then they may not show up for awhile..even to your next statement. I know that doesn't sound fair or right but sometimes this is how it works. As for being charged twice it sounds like there was a bit of confusion amongst the clerks and people in charge of this. From the sounds of things the store was not really as well prepared for this as you would think they should be. It happens in retail all the time. My advice to you all is to wait a few days....it seems like the store had way more phone orders than they normally do...especially since this info was on a few websites and people who could not attend found out about it and ordered over the phone. Those of you who were overcharged...wait until you receive the books....if you get the proper order (the number you requested) and are over or undercharged THEN contact the store. Its really best to wait until the books arrive...then the store clerk can remedy the situation for you. Because of the demand via phone there may be some delays...but wait until you receive the merchandise first! Just my 2 cents worth!

rdf8585

Banned
Credits
gorphils said:
Having worked in retail for quite a time....I can tell you that credit card refunds do not go thru RIGHT AWAY. Depending on when and how the store processed them it usually takes a few days to go thru and even then they may not show up for awhile..even to your next statement. I know that doesn't sound fair or right but sometimes this is how it works. As for being charged twice it sounds like there was a bit of confusion amongst the clerks and people in charge of this. From the sounds of things the store was not really as well prepared for this as you would think they should be. It happens in retail all the time. My advice to you all is to wait a few days....it seems like the store had way more phone orders than they normally do...especially since this info was on a few websites and people who could not attend found out about it and ordered over the phone. Those of you who were overcharged...wait until you receive the books....if you get the proper order (the number you requested) and are over or undercharged THEN contact the store. Its really best to wait until the books arrive...then the store clerk can remedy the situation for you. Because of the demand via phone there may be some delays...but wait until you receive the merchandise first! Just my 2 cents worth!

They told me to call back on Monday if it wasn't voided by then. They would then credit me for the 63.99. On my bank statement (online) those 2 charges are still "pending".

Poodaddy

Credits
For me, I checked my online statement as well and the payments were still "pending" or "on hold" meaning that the store had not actually recieved the money yet. So, I didnt want to wait forvever etc and I called my bank. They said that when there are two of the same payments they usually are able to "remove the hold" on them. Essentially, they are not going to let one transaction go through, even if it was voided.

rdf8585

Banned
Credits
Someone from the Miami signing is saying most books there were signed on the title page, instead of the yellow page as in the picture I posted earlier. Also, he only got an "ARod" signature as opposed to his full name but I'm not sure if all books were like that. This person will have a pic later, but for now, here's one from FLA signed on the title page - clearly, this autograph is nowhere near as good as the NYC ones.

408f_1.JPG

e42a_1.JPG

c0da_1_b.JPG
(NYC)

Last edited:

Poodaddy

Credits
Here is a spanish ed. one from new york signed that way: http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-...ryZ29223QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem.

And also from NY: http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-...egoryZ53QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And one from Coral Gables: http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-...egoryZ53QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (Might have just copied someone elses photo. Says he is from Yankee Nation.....)

But, look at the stack in this phot0 (FL):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-...ryZ37610QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

YANKS4LIFE

Lifetime Member
Website
www.freewebs.com
Credits
This whole thing sounds a little fishy to me.

Is there any other payment option they will take besides giving them my credit card #?

GiambiNYY25Fan

Credits
Hey Rdf, you know I do exist on here... you can stop referring to me as "the person on another site"....

here's mine, don't bash it, i know its not "Al- Rodriguez" but it's a little better than his "ARod" sig or "ARg"

P1020743.jpg