Dewon Brazelton Private Signing - $1 per card!

mrmain18

Founding Member
Credits
If you have to wait on stuff from CA, maybe I will send a card or two out tomorrow. This signing kind of snuck up on me.

ELSKOTTO

Lifetime Member & Site Moderator
Credits
Got WiseandEck's stuff. I'm mailing as soon as I get Mr Main's cards. Sorry to those who have asked if I'm still able to take stuff. I gotta cut it off and get this stuff sent out.

ELSKOTTO

Credits
Last edited:

ELSKOTTO

Credits
Cards received. They all looked good from what I saw. I immediately put them back in their respective SASE's and they're on the way to you.

I received a lot of feedback about the whole $1 thing and here's why I did $1 per card.

#1 - It's an appreciation of time "fee" - Dewon is not desperate for money and he also knows his autograph is not something people are now trying to use to get rich from haha I gave him a ton of warnings and instructions (sign these in blue, those in black, sideways cards sideways, be careful not to smear, let the ink dry before placing back in the box, etc) so to get things the way you want them it doesn't hurt to throw some money in as appreciation.

#2 - It makes it a friendly business obligation rather than a favor - I have friends who have sent boxes of cards to people before and never gotten them back. They had no claim to the cards because they sent them based on a spoken word agreement rather than a paper trail transaction. It's not that I don't trust Dewon but I just figure he has other things going on and certainly things more fun than trying not to smear 230 signed baseball cards.

I did not keep 1 cent from this and paid postage both ways to and from him so this was not me making money. The money went toward Dewon's sons school stuff.

If anyone else has any locals that you can do a signing like this with, please let me or Alan know. I may try to get something together for Tim Costo, Rod Bolton, and Clay Parker in the upcoming months as those guys all have a crap ton of cards and are nice guys that live in my area.

hammerinhorde

Lifetime Member
Credits
Thanks for putting this together. Pass my appreciation along to Dewon as well.

I'd definitely be interested if you line up a signing for Costo.

icee82

Premier Member
Credits
I screwed up and forgot about this signing. If you get Costo, a bunch of Reds' fans on other sites need him and I think that I can get them involved.