JaMarcus Russell

dabigticket

Charter Member
Credits
Russel had and is playing behind a bum offensive line, arguably throwing to the worst receiving corps in the game and lacks a ground game to take pressure off of him. He is very talented but is in the worst situation possible. Switch him with Joe Flacco or Matt Ryan who are other young starters having success and if he was with Baltimore or Atlanta chances are people would be talking about him like they do of Flacco and Ryan.

dabigticket

Charter Member
Credits
You may be right, but the Lions no longer have Matt Millen, Raiders still have Al Davis. And Rod Maranelli is a much better coach than Cable, though both will be unemployed by the end of the season.

wolverine

Premier Member
Credits
I wish they would keep Rod Marinelli, it isn't his fault he has absolutely NO talent. They better get O-linemen with those two 1st round picks.

dabigticket

Charter Member
Credits
I like Rod, and I agree he should stay he is a very good coach just like you said no talent. The need to rebuild in the trenches in the O and D line, that is how you begin a successful rebuilding process. The Lions have been trying to make the "sexy" pick for the last several seasons. I mean Joey Harrington..bust, Carlos Rogers...bust...Kevin Jones..bust...Mike Williams...bust, Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson are good players but maybe not the right picks but certainly can't argue with the results.

Pabs82

Premier Member
Credits
Charles Rogers is whom you intended to reference.. Carlos isn't too bad of a CB

kidk

Premier Member
Credits
Joey Harrington was in no way the "sexy" pick. Teams arent going to go anywhere without a good QB and that is exactly what everyone predicted Harrington would be. Drew Stanton was a bigger waste of a pick than Harrington, just an overhyped MSU player that benifited from playing in the spread. But knowing the Lions they will figure out a way to waste those 2 picks, probably reaching for a QB at number 1.