topprospect16

Banned
Website
www.freewebs.com
Credits
I have talked to Hoes quite a few times now

I wouldn't go bragging about talking to Hoes

I wouldn't trust any of the money to even get to Hoes if this happens

Ryan told me that he didn't even pay Shawn Riggans for the "signing" he did with him

Well that almost puts your credibility to shame...almost makes me wonder if you ripped me off for two Parker balls when you said you never received the first one...hmmmmm

wolverine

Premier Member
Credits
So you actually kept the money yourself form a past signing?

topprospect16

Banned
Website
www.freewebs.com
Credits

(2) You must be at least 18 years of age and have the financial means to make everything right if the signing goes wrong.

Nick is right...rule #2...so why was he allowed to do the Riggans signing??? Why do we even have rules if there not going to be inforced...lock it up time..
lockitup.gif

sprtsstar4ever

Founding Member
Credits
Nick is right...rule #2...so why was he allowed to do the Riggans signing??? Why do we even have rules if there not going to be inforced...lock it up time..
lockitup.gif

Not only is he not 18, he cannot even spell Derek Jeter correctly. Anybody who sends money to this kid to handle a private signing, all be it for a guy who 100% of all of us can get easily, is a buffoon.

ryan92s

Lifetime Member
Credits
you can say what you want... obviously the interest hasn't been there so I will not do the Hoes signing... however if there was enough interest regardless of personal opinion I would have done it.

The fact of the matter is with the Riggans signing it was a full success in my opinion. He is a tough ttm signer and I was able to agree to terms with him for a very good price as he loves helping out collectors. When I got a deal with him he told me he could do it for a small fee and would to do the signing... so I decided to post it on the sites... I ended up getting about 40 items from members on three different message boards and ended up getting 50 total items including 10 for myself. Shawn was flexible on the date and when I finally had all the items agreed to do it before the rays game when they played the cubs this past summer. So I arrived with the items and money ready to go... As soon as I met up with him he told me since I only had 50 items not to worry about paying him because I probably needed the money more... The fact of the matter is people paid $3 for a Shawn Riggans card to be signed with his best autograph and that is exactly what they got.

The Riggans signing was a success and all I got was positive feedback from it... so there is no need to refer back to that signing as everything was done properly

The Hoes signing was going to be a similar situation however I was expecting to pay him... Like Riggans I have talked to Hoes lately quite a bit and thought maybe for a minimal fee people here would love to get a set card or two signed. I didn't expect this to get blown up like it did however I understand why. LJ was fine doing the signing or not doing it and I had agreed to pay him $125 for one hour of signing meaning I would have needed to get quite a few more items than I got. With so many events going on now it is no big deal I am unable to do this signing as my original post was more to judge interest.

Sean- you can take it for what's it worth. You can talk to people I have traded with before or even some people who know me closely such as poptartler and crazycards51. I do this hobby for the fun of it... not for a living. This is really all I have to say regarding this issue and the Hoes signing.

One final comment about the $3 fee and if I lied and kept it like someone on here said. First of all I want to make it clear that wasn't what happened. Although I kept it, originally that wasn't the plan. However think of all the times someone says I am going to a signing of so and so and can take 2-3 items... usually those interested would send their item plus a trade item OR money for their time, problems, and getting the signature that they needed.

Just my thoughts on these different things and again this is America so I'm sure others have different opinions and that is completly fine with me

sprtsstar4ever

Founding Member
Credits
you can say what you want... obviously the interest hasn't been there so I will not do the Hoes signing... however if there was enough interest regardless of personal opinion I would have done it.

Can this kid be banned from doing this again? What a clown. This statement right here shows his immaturity, and lack of knowledge for what the hell he is doing.

ryan92s

Lifetime Member
Credits
Can this kid be banned from doing this again? What a clown. This statement right here shows his immaturity, and lack of knowledge for what the hell he is doing.

I don't understand why I would be "banned"... The Hoes signing never went down... however like I said I will stand behind my statement... if I was able to get 50+ items from the boards I would have done the signing and paid Hoes like any other private signing. The main problem you seem to have is the fact of him being only 18 years old... Take a look around and do some research and you will see that these guys are bombarded with company signings and signing contracts very early in their career. I don't think my small scale signing with Hoes would have changed his signing habits for his career... he obviously already knows he can get paid for signing because he has already done it several times with bowman and also signed cards for the USA sets

sprtsstar4ever

Founding Member
Credits
I don't understand why I would be "banned"... The Hoes signing never went down... however like I said I will stand behind my statement... if I was able to get 50+ items from the boards I would have done the signing and paid Hoes like any other private signing. The main problem you seem to have is the fact of him being only 18 years old... Take a look around and do some research and you will see that these guys are bombarded with company signings and signing contracts very early in their career. I don't think my small scale signing with Hoes would have changed his signing habits for his career... he obviously already knows he can get paid for signing because he has already done it several times with bowman and also signed cards for the USA sets

It's you that I have the problem with Ryan. You don't come on here promoting a signing, then don't do it because "there isn't enough interest." That's the type of immaturity that the rules are put in place to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.