LJ Hoes private signing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan92s

Lifetime Member
Credits
if you believe that is "immature" you can Nick. However I see so many times where people "judge" interest on a certain player. Mine was basically that however with more detailed information. Like I said LJ and I talk once and a while and he was cool with doing it or not doing it so for me I had to judge the interest and then make a decision that either way wouldn't effect LJ or anyone here.

You can keep saying to "ban" me but it isn't going to work so easily. I know you probably don't believe it but I have built my collection through work and honesty. I started 3 years ago and simply from trading/buying/in-person I have built my collection all the way up consisting of over 40 HOF baseballs, and 150 balls from current/retired players including A-Rod, Jeter, Pujols, Ichiro, and more... I can honestly say I have always sent my side of a trade and have always been honest on if I did or did not receive a certain item. While some people call me a "dealer" I basically fund my own hobby. I don't sit here and get autographs to sell. I don't know how many hardcore dealers have 1,500 autographs in their "collection"...

sprtsstar4ever

Founding Member
Credits
if you believe that is "immature" you can Nick. However I see so many times where people "judge" interest on a certain player. Mine was basically that however with more detailed information. Like I said LJ and I talk once and a while and he was cool with doing it or not doing it so for me I had to judge the interest and then make a decision that either way wouldn't effect LJ or anyone here.

You can keep saying to "ban" me but it isn't going to work so easily. I know you probably don't believe it but I have built my collection through work and honesty. I started 3 years ago and simply from trading/buying/in-person I have built my collection all the way up consisting of over 40 HOF baseballs, and 150 balls from current/retired players including A-Rod, Jeter, Pujols, Ichiro, and more... I can honestly say I have always sent my side of a trade and have always been honest on if I did or did not receive a certain item. While some people call me a "dealer" I basically fund my own hobby. I don't sit here and get autographs to sell. I don't know how many hardcore dealers have 1,500 autographs in their "collection"...

It is immature. You say one thing, then back down when you don't have interest. Either you do a signing, or you don't. None of this half ass stuff based on money you can make. This was a poor attempt to make some extra cash, and it failed. You were not trying to help out people, let's put that on the table right now.

And, I said you should be banned from promoting signings on here, which according to the rules should be so anyway, but I am not the judge in this case, just a paid member like most.

Frankly, I don't care about your collection. You being "honest" in your mind, or dishonest with both myself, Sean, and many other well established members who are OVER 18...

The fact remains this has all been a show of your immaturity.

If you would like to continue to argue with me, pm me or whatever, but I am done posting about this.

Nick

topprospect16

Banned
Website
www.freewebs.com
Credits
One final comment about the $3 fee and if I lied and kept it like someone on here said. First of all I want to make it clear that wasn't what happened. Although I kept it, originally that wasn't the plan.

'My original plan wasn't to rip everyone off...but I went with it and then bragged about it happening'...nice contradiction pal

I vote for a ban...
ban.gif

ryan92s

Lifetime Member
Credits
'My original plan wasn't to rip everyone off...but I went with it and then bragged about it happening'...nice contradiction pal

I vote for a ban...
ban.gif

This thread is moving well so no need to stop it now. In regards to the private signing at 18 rule I honestly never saw it... I see signings posted here all the time by people under 18 and I figured it was a judgment call. Although I know I am 16 I feel I have proven myself being able to handle items, complete trades, and do private signings. I have never made anyone send me items for a 50/50, agree to a trade, or send in items for a signing. The people do it on their own terms and I have in return done everything from my side.

topprospect16

Banned
Website
www.freewebs.com
Credits
This thread is moving well so no need to stop it now. In regards to the private signing at 18 rule I honestly never saw it... I see signings posted here all the time by people under 18 and I figured it was a judgment call. Although I know I am 16 I feel I have proven myself being able to handle items, complete trades, and do private signings. I have never made anyone send me items for a 50/50, agree to a trade, or send in items for a signing. The people do it on their own terms and I have in return done everything from my side.

You know after my private investigation work, I found that the same day you announced the Shawn Riggans signing was the same day Alan adopted the rules. Which is funny because what was the point of those rules if were allowing Ryan (16 years old) to conduct these things? Who is the enforcer of the rules (aside from me of course)?

Ryo, if I may call you such a thing, who else is underaged? Crazycards? Maybe if you help us crack down on the underaged promoters your verdict might be cut down. Just a thought though Ryo...is there any honest souls down in FL besides jetpig...damnnnit Florida members are always problems

I don't see why everyone is ripping him apart here..All he tried to do was arrange a cheap private signing.

If I start selling cocaine...does it make it RIGHT if it is cheap? Rules are rules

ryan92s

Lifetime Member
Credits
You know after my private investigation work, I found that the same day you announced the Shawn Riggans signing was the same day Alan adopted the rules. Which is funny because what was the point of those rules if were allowing Ryan (16 years old) to conduct these things? Who is the enforcer of the rules (aside from me of course)?

Ryo, if I may call you such a thing, who else is underaged? Crazycards? Maybe if you help us crack down on the underaged promoters your verdict might be cut down. Just a thought though Ryo...is there any honest souls down in FL besides jetpig...damnnnit Florida members are always problems

If I start selling cocaine...does it make it RIGHT if it is cheap? Rules are rules

I am not sure if it just happened the rules were put in the same day I announced my Riggans signing. If I remember correctly the rules came from other signings including those hosted by yourself and janderson if I remember correctly. All I know is the Riggans signing worked out great and the Hoes signing wasn't a failure because it never happened. It was an idea that I thought would help out some members get some items done and obviously it didn't and I am fine with that.

In terms of the underage thing I am not going to comment at all regarding any other members of this board end of story. I will talk and stand up for myself but won't get involved with others

JakeJones51

Premier Member
Credits

My record clearly speaks for itself. I have perfect feedback here (along with another 47 perfect feedback on SCN and hundreds more on other sites). I am doing the Heath signing and have done everything right thus far including having a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet for the following:

Site On, Username, First, Last Name, How much paid, How they paid, Exact cards they sent for the signing, and a verification I sent them a PM verifying that I received the items the day I got them in the mail.

I have never ripped ANYONE off nor come even close to it. I am also getting assisted in this private signing by someone who is of the age required by Alan so there should be no problem regarding age. While I may be taking on the brunt of the work I am not the only one invloved with the signing. I believe that I have established myself here as a well-respected member of this community through my trading history, as well as what I try to contribute to members asking for help or by posting my IP successes on my blog in full detail with photos.

I have all of the cards I have received in a box labeled appropriately as well as a labeled box for all the money I have received for the signing, and another labeled box for the SASE's, and yet another labeled box for any extra letters or any people who have requested insriptions. I have set a date for the signing (I can do either Feb. 5th or 7th), and will send EVERYONES stuff back the following Monday or Tuesday, the 9th or the 10th respectively. I have also talked to Mr. Heath face to face, as well as over the phone and have his cell phone number to contact him if I need to regarding the signing.

Please do not bring me into this conversation as an unhonest trader/member here as that very much so offends me. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.