Michael Jordan Private Signing

jarman8671

Lifetime Member
Credits
Also, when you say upper deck is cheaper, are you talking about their store or do they offer signings where I can submit my item?? Because if its the store, this is definitely not that much cheaper.

Sox Pride

Lifetime Member
Credits
Also, when you say upper deck is cheaper, are you talking about their store or do they offer signings where I can submit my item?? Because if its the store, this is definitely not that much cheaper.
I was kinda talking about the secondary market like upper deck items on ebay, and a steiner certifications IMHO carry alot more weight when it comers to authentic Jordan items. Atleast as authentic as one can be when you can't witness the signing personally (whole other subject for a later time). May I add that I have no doubt that Legends of the Field is 100% legitimate for the record.

jtrinaldi

Lifetime Member
Credits
Legends and waukeshasportscards are both jokes....if you can't tell

JustCrazy

Lifetime Member
Credits
I'll add my two cents on Legends. I participated in a signing with them about 2 years ago and they claimed GSP's agent took the memorabilia instead of having GSP sign it and they were trying to get it back. Over a month later and still no more communication so I contacted them again. After that they gave me a full refund and acted like it was no big deal. Definitely won't be participating in any of their signings again.

kenoshacub

Premier Member
Credits
Jordan is probably getting a flat fee. Say like $250,000 for 200-300 items, or something like that. He isn't getting paid x dollars for this and x dollars for that. Then all the suppliers like legends get their mitts into it. They pay the original guy a fee and then jack it up. He's not making say 10% of the flat fee, then 10% of the basketball fee, etc.

tkett

Premier Member
Credits
Jordan is probably getting a flat fee. Say like $250,000 for 200-300 items, or something like that. He isn't getting paid x dollars for this and x dollars for that. Then all the suppliers like legends get their mitts into it. They pay the original guy a fee and then jack it up. He's not making say 10% of the flat fee, then 10% of the basketball fee, etc.

Dead on. and if its a private they would be ALOT smarter to go to where he is then flying him out bc that makes the cost even higher. either way at the end of the day Jordan gets a nice check for signing his name say 300 times.....

scoreset

Moderator & Founding Member
Credits

That's typically how most signings are run. The celeb gets a fee per item or per hour, and the promoter sets the prices to ensure they make enough to recoup the investment and clear a profit.

LEESKI

Premier Member
Credits
It is signings like this that have ruined the hobby. NOBODY is worth $899 for card,8x10,ect. Until people stop paying these ridiculous prices it will not stop.

pittgrad0214

Premier Member
born and raised in PA, Now living in Shelbyville K
Credits
It is signings like this that have ruined the hobby. NOBODY is worth $899 for card,8x10,ect. Until people stop paying these ridiculous prices it will not stop.

jordan made how many $ in the nba and with NIKE? Do you really think if people stop paying he will begin working for free? if people stop paying the signigns will go away. the ridiculous prices are the only chance we are going to have moving forward of getting some of the top guys in sports.