Michael Jordan Private Signing

greatsacman

Lifetime Member
Credits
It is signings like this that have ruined the hobby. NOBODY is worth $899 for card,8x10,ect. Until people stop paying these ridiculous prices it will not stop.

He's absolutely worth that. People won't stop paying these fees. It's Michael freaking Jordan come on. The shoes are a cult. His graph is the most coveted of all living athletes. His on court domination is well documented. Face it....he's worth every cent. He's got the midas touch still to this day and after he's long since dead.

Then after he's gone people can look back and think I coulda had MJ but I passed. While your driving a car that's burning $8 gallons.

In this hobby there are the "haves" and "have nots". So happy to be part of the 1st group.

Last edited:

gris29

Premier Member
Credits
I am going to have to agree with the people who think the price is crazy. I understand who we are talking about but that it $69 a letter for a flat. That is just insane and I cannot see many people paying that money the way the market is nowadays.

elpasodiablos

Lifetime Member
Credits
I am going to have to agree with the people who think the price is crazy. I understand who we are talking about but that it $69 a letter for a flat. That is just insane and I cannot see many people paying that money the way the market is nowadays.

Trust me, there will be a lot of people who will pay it.

psugator02

Lifetime Member
Credits
do we have to have this same conversation every time someone on this site thinks someone is charging too much for his/her graph? if you think it's too much then just don't pay it.

RobbieLee

Lifetime Member
Website
s824.photobucket.com
Credits
He's absolutely worth that. People won't stop paying these fees. It's Michael freaking Jordan come on. The shoes are a cult. His graph is the most coveted of all living athletes. His on court domination is well documented. Face it....he's worth every cent. He's got the midas touch still to this day and after he's long since dead.

Then after he's gone people can look back and think I coulda had MJ but I passed. While your driving a car that's burning $8 gallons.

In this hobby there are the "haves" and "have nots". So happy to be part of the 1st group.

couldnt of said it better myself..Hes the GOAT

andy97

Charter Member
Credits

+1. It's Michael Jordan, people. He can charge as much as he wants

Graphgetter

Lifetime Member
Credits
+1

There was an article a few years back that said if MJ ever decided to do a public, the price could be $3k a pop and the line would still be endless. People will pay. Maybe not you but there is a large contingent that happily would. He is the best and it is what it is. I'd rather have 1 MJ than 30 of a mediocre array of $30 sig MLBers any day of the week.

jarman8671

Lifetime Member
Credits
I don't like Michael Jordan as a person, but he was the athlete of the century, over all the other greats. His price is not going to go down, and will skyrocket when he dies. As long as this hobby lives, getting a Jordan now is a lot better than getting it later. I won't be doing this signing because I don't have the cash right now and of what I'm hearing of this company, but I definitely want to own at least one Jordan in the next 3-5 years. Also, is his graph sloppy at golf tournaments? I'd like the nicest Jordan auto I can get but I also would prefer in person than through a mail in signing, another reason why I've been holding out.

Pabs82

Premier Member
Credits
I'm fairly certain Legends is marking up the price at least 30%. They were probably offered participation through Upper Deck or another company that is doing him, and is publicly marketing it with markup in the hopes of the public essentially paying for their pieces. Compare their prices for guys like Braun and Woodson to what their wholesale prices are advertised at (either here or on SCN) and it's much miuch higher.

As far as Jordan's take, I'm sure it is quite a large amount, with a high quantity of guaranteed pieces. No way this is a time-based signing