Michael Jordan Private Signing

laimbeer3

Premier Member
Credits
I agree that $899 is a tough price to swallow but I think I am going to do it. I wouldn't unless I had a really valid reason and I'm within 4 cards of the 1995 Upper Deck Minors set. All I lack is Jordan, the 2 Roger Cedenos, and Urbina. Cedeno was never tough in person so I know those are out there. I got him many times and just never got those particular ones done. Urbina was usually one per and now with his status they are tough to come by. Yet, this set was popular so guessing the Urbina is one that can be found. Jordan was always the one I never thought I'd get. I admit I'm crazy for paying it, but how many years, nights at the park, gas money, etc have I spent on that set? Seems that getting the unattainable for this set for $899 is something I can't pass on.

beastinbigal

Premier Member
Credits
If SI King can get that down about 100-150 i'll do it.

mulliganman

Premier Member
Credits
I'd be tempted if I had the cash. Was fortunate enough to pick up a signed basketball sold directly from Amazon with UD cert for around $125 after gift cards and a signed jersey on amazon sold by steiner for free with gift cards within the past 3-4 months. Those were my first two Jordan pieces but there is never such a thing as having too much of MJ.

SDlou

Premier Member
Credits
I agree that $899 is a tough price to swallow but I think I am going to do it. I wouldn't unless I had a really valid reason and I'm within 4 cards of the 1995 Upper Deck Minors set. All I lack is Jordan, the 2 Roger Cedenos, and Urbina. Cedeno was never tough in person so I know those are out there. I got him many times and just never got those particular ones done. Urbina was usually one per and now with his status they are tough to come by. Yet, this set was popular so guessing the Urbina is one that can be found. Jordan was always the one I never thought I'd get. I admit I'm crazy for paying it, but how many years, nights at the park, gas money, etc have I spent on that set? Seems that getting the unattainable for this set for $899 is something I can't pass on.

This is exactly why I don't do sets - you end up paying an absurd amount of money for something that is worth half what you paid for the auto once it gets signed. Most Jordan certified cards appear to be selling in the $400-$600 range online. A '91 UD Minors card (PSA certed and slabbed) sold for $450. If it's worth it to you and you have the disposable money for it, then by all means do it if it will make you happy. But taking a long hard realistic look at this, market conditions dictate that these fees are way over-priced. Of course it's Jordan, so people are going to do it anyway...

Last edited:

otismalibu

Premier Member
Credits
Just for fun...

Assuming you had to sell it the next day and get as much as you could for it (whether that's a loss, push or profit).
What would be the best possible Tier 1 pricing item to have signed?

Original photo? Ticket to his first NBA game?

Skizzick

Lifetime Member
Credits
Just for fun...

Assuming you had to sell it the next day and get as much as you could for it (whether that's a loss, push or profit).
What would be the best possible Tier 1 pricing item to have signed?

Original photo? Ticket to his first NBA game?
A fleer rookie card probably

LEESKI

Premier Member
Credits
"Haves" like in have no common sense, congats on being in that group.