Michael Jordan Private Signing

SI KING

Lifetime Member & Site Sponsor
Website
www.sikingcollection.com
Credits
I've done signings with Jordan and all have gone through Upper Deck's send in program for wholesale accounts. YES>.. these are very expensive signatures, but to a collector looking to fill a "need" for his or her collection, it's pretty much the only way to get Jordan. You'd have to be super lucky to get him in Tahoe and he skips over every few people signing only on Sat and Sun only. The company has nothing to do except receive the items, ship to UD and then send them back. The company wont even be attending the signing. We are never allowed to attend. UD takes care of it all. You should all know that Upper Deck is over 30 million in Debt. They have to charge rediculous prices to help pay back legal and debt. Legends has nothing to do with that. Its a shame Tiger and Jordan charge crazy prices but sometimes you have to choke on it. This is the main reason why I started 25 years ago, to get extra items signed and sell them... so I can afford to pay for things like this. Too bad for me... in this case... Jordan WILL NOT SIGN SI MAGAZINES via Upper Deck. I dont know why but I'm still chasing them down in Tahoe :)

jarman8671

Lifetime Member
Credits
I've done signings with Jordan and all have gone through Upper Deck's send in program for wholesale accounts. YES>.. these are very expensive signatures, but to a collector looking to fill a "need" for his or her collection, it's pretty much the only way to get Jordan. You'd have to be super lucky to get him in Tahoe and he skips over every few people signing only on Sat and Sun only. The company has nothing to do except receive the items, ship to UD and then send them back. The company wont even be attending the signing. We are never allowed to attend. UD takes care of it all. You should all know that Upper Deck is over 30 million in Debt. They have to charge rediculous prices to help pay back legal and debt. Legends has nothing to do with that. Its a shame Tiger and Jordan charge crazy prices but sometimes you have to choke on it. This is the main reason why I started 25 years ago, to get extra items signed and sell them... so I can afford to pay for things like this. Too bad for me... in this case... Jordan WILL NOT SIGN SI MAGAZINES via Upper Deck. I dont know why but I'm still chasing them down in Tahoe :)
SI KING, whatever happened to that Jordan signing you were trying to put together last year?? I was on the mailing list but never heard anything after two emails.

SI KING

Website
www.sikingcollection.com
Credits
Sorry to say we never got that done. (our signing with MJ back in 2010) I would have gladly told everyone about it, but we were trying to get around UD and go direct to Jordan. I last did my signing with Jordan at $600 per signature on flats through Upper Deck. I can't remember who much shoes and jerseys were. Sadly, I sent in 24 of my own SI magazines to get done for my own personal collection. He's on 50 different covers of SI and I had 26 at the time, signed. I needed 24 more. I sent in over 70 items to Upper Deck and a ton of money. All were signed beautifully, but the process took about 4-5 months. They really jerked me around GOOD. I was very upset, representing a lot of good people and good collectors. Having to "push them off" and tell them to have patience and wait, is not fair and not my typical style. When I do signings, I get them done... get them done fast and on time and return items immediately. Upper Deck jacked me around for 4-5 months... one reason why they are in so much debt. Just terrible managment. Anyway... Jordan refused to sign the SI magazines through UD so they sent me back my $14,400 and my 24 covers. Such is life. I have since gotten him to sign 10 more SI covers at various golf tournaments around the country. HE SIGNS SI's FOR FREE IF YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET HIM... but he doesn't take the money to sign SI's through Upper Deck. Just kills me. I just want this guy out of my hair and done with so I can move on.

With that said (Beastinbigal)... I wish I could get another signing done and offer better pricing (as I always undercut to pass on savings to other collectors) but since Jordan wont sign SI magazines through Upper Deck, I won't participate with him again. Just a waste of my time.

I agree, his price is very high. but again, it all depends on who can afford it and who cant. I'm a 47 year old who worked very hard on Wall Street for years. I made a nice living. I wanted to suck it up and choke on the money so I could stop chasing this guy around in order to complete my run. On the other hand... $800-$900 to a younger collector in High School or going through a tough time just out of college with no job, is pretty tough to swallow. I was there once too when Bill Russell did his first signing for $300 per. just killed me to shell out $2100... but I did it, and sold other extra items to get back the money so in my mind it was a wash.

Whoever can afford it, I think it's well worth it. If you can't afford it... then try your hand at chasing him in Vegas and Tahoe. You might spend $2000 on flights and hotel and waste your time in Vegas and still get nothing.... or you can choke on his fee and get a beauty. It's all a matter of how old you are and if you have the means to afford it. It's too bad Jordan isn't humble and would just sign for free when you see him in the street. His price is high because he rarely signs. He's done this for over 20 years (and because he lost 150 million to his ex wife) Poor MJ. LOL

Just my 2 cents.

Scott

jarman8671

Lifetime Member
Credits
Sorry to say we never got that done. (our signing with MJ back in 2010) I would have gladly told everyone about it, but we were trying to get around UD and go direct to Jordan. I last did my signing with Jordan at $600 per signature on flats through Upper Deck. I can't remember who much shoes and jerseys were. Sadly, I sent in 24 of my own SI magazines to get done for my own personal collection. He's on 50 different covers of SI and I had 26 at the time, signed. I needed 24 more. I sent in over 70 items to Upper Deck and a ton of money. All were signed beautifully, but the process took about 4-5 months. They really jerked me around GOOD. I was very upset, representing a lot of good people and good collectors. Having to "push them off" and tell them to have patience and wait, is not fair and not my typical style. When I do signings, I get them done... get them done fast and on time and return items immediately. Upper Deck jacked me around for 4-5 months... one reason why they are in so much debt. Just terrible managment. Anyway... Jordan refused to sign the SI magazines through UD so they sent me back my $14,400 and my 24 covers. Such is life. I have since gotten him to sign 10 more SI covers at various golf tournaments around the country. HE SIGNS SI's FOR FREE IF YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET HIM... but he doesn't take the money to sign SI's through Upper Deck. Just kills me. I just want this guy out of my hair and done with so I can move on.

With that said (Beastinbigal)... I wish I could get another signing done and offer better pricing (as I always undercut to pass on savings to other collectors) but since Jordan wont sign SI magazines through Upper Deck, I won't participate with him again. Just a waste of my time.

I agree, his price is very high. but again, it all depends on who can afford it and who cant. I'm a 47 year old who worked very hard on Wall Street for years. I made a nice living. I wanted to suck it up and choke on the money so I could stop chasing this guy around in order to complete my run. On the other hand... $800-$900 to a younger collector in High School or going through a tough time just out of college with no job, is pretty tough to swallow. I was there once too when Bill Russell did his first signing for $300 per. just killed me to shell out $2100... but I did it, and sold other extra items to get back the money so in my mind it was a wash.

Whoever can afford it, I think it's well worth it. If you can't afford it... then try your hand at chasing him in Vegas and Tahoe. You might spend $2000 on flights and hotel and waste your time in Vegas and still get nothing.... or you can choke on his fee and get a beauty. It's all a matter of how old you are and if you have the means to afford it. It's too bad Jordan isn't humble and would just sign for free when you see him in the street. His price is high because he rarely signs. He's done this for over 20 years (and because he lost 150 million to his ex wife) Poor MJ. LOL

Just my 2 cents.

Scott
Thanks Scott!

laimbeer3

Premier Member
Credits
Just got my 95 Upper Deck Minor League back in from this signing. The doorbell rings and it's after 8 at night and I'm like who in the world? They sent it some weird way of UPS that came real late. I must say it turned out super nice in thin blue sharpie. When I decided to go for this signing I just wrote the money off and said I was going to enjoy owning this card signed. It couldn't have turned out better. I doubt I put it in the album with the rest of the set, likely to leave it in a top loader or have PSA slab it. Now to just finish the set with the 2 Roger Cedenos and the Urbina.

beastinbigal

Premier Member
Credits
They are having another one too soon.

SI KING

Website
www.sikingcollection.com
Credits
Curious to know if the signing went off without a hitch? or were you jerked around for 2-3-4 months like they did to me a few years ago. They told me excuse after excuse that Jordan delayed, and there were schedule conflicts, yadda yadda yadda. They promised to fix the "jerk around" problems... hoping for everyone's sake (who participated) that Upper Deck came through for them. I can only assume this clown still won't sign SI magazines through Upper Deck. I still need 18 of his 50 signed to complete my run.

laimbeer3

Premier Member
Credits
Curious to know if the signing went off without a hitch? or were you jerked around for 2-3-4 months like they did to me a few years ago. They told me excuse after excuse that Jordan delayed, and there were schedule conflicts, yadda yadda yadda. They promised to fix the "jerk around" problems... hoping for everyone's sake (who participated) that Upper Deck came through for them. I can only assume this clown still won't sign SI magazines through Upper Deck. I still need 18 of his 50 signed to complete my run.

It took a couple months but I had that understanding on it going in. I never had notice though the item had been completed. They sent it back some economy method is the only complaint I'd have. However, it was packaged like nobody's business so no chance of damage. It came out looking great too.

sonofthesouth8

Premier Member
Credits
It took a couple months but I had that understanding on it going in. I never had notice though the item had been completed. They sent it back some economy method is the only complaint I'd have. However, it was packaged like nobody's business so no chance of damage. It came out looking great too.

could you post a pic of the card please? i'd like to see it