Michael Jordan Private Signing

jdub19999

Premier Member
Credits
No paying is fine, just not $899 for a great basketball player to sign a card, 8x10, ect. Jordan has already lost his "GOAT" status. Ask any teenager who the greatest basketball player of all time is and you are going to hear Kobe, Shaq, or Lebron.

You are a complete moron. You probably shouldnt post anymore cause with each post your ignorance level goes up.

LEESKI

Premier Member
Credits
jdud19999 what have I said that would make me a complete moron? That I think paying $899 for Jordan isn't using common sense? Don't tell me what I probably shouldn't do.
How are things there in Omaha , Nebraska the hot bed of the autograph world?

sprtsstar4ever

Founding Member
Credits
It is signings like this that have ruined the hobby. NOBODY is worth $899 for card,8x10,ect. Until people stop paying these ridiculous prices it will not stop.

A signing like this has helped the hobby quite a bit by allowing you to get your item(s) signed by a worldwide icon. It allows people the access to get their stuff signed. Not quite sure how that is ruining the hobby.

Unfortunately, the attitude that you have towards a signing like this has hurt the hobby more than the signing. These attitudes cause people to inflate the value of forged autographs, because they don't want to pay the price for an authentic.

Orioles_Fan_1983

Premier Member
Credits
As others have mentioned, the price is significantly higher than his pre-signed memorabilia because your opportunities to get YOUR personal item signed are MUCH more limited. The promoters recognize it, and price it accordingly.

Hot Buttered Dustin

Premier Member
Credits
The 86 fleer card is nice to have signed.. But truth be told, I would prefer to have an original one signed back in the day with his older signature on an item like that... But that's just me..

I do agree that the price is hefty, but worth it for a player of his caliber...I mean, if there is a single athlete that is gonna cost the most per signature, it's probably gonna be Michael Jordan....

On a side note: I would love to see guys like Karl Malone, John Stockton, Patrick Ewing, Alonzo Mourning and down the road Kevin Garnett do some of these... Some of the tougher guys from these eras to obtain...

Graphgetter

Lifetime Member
Credits
The 86 fleer card is nice to have signed.. But truth be told, I would prefer to have an original one signed back in the day with his older signature on an item like that... But that's just me..

I do agree that the price is hefty, but worth it for a player of his caliber...I mean, if there is a single athlete that is gonna cost the most per signature, it's probably gonna be Michael Jordan....

On a side note: I would love to see guys like Karl Malone, John Stockton, Patrick Ewing, Alonzo Mourning and down the road Kevin Garnett do some of these... Some of the tougher guys from these eras to obtain...

Zo does a free public signing every year but there's no mail ins and you'll have to wait 5+ hours to get him. It's at least more than the others listed do though.

laimbeer3

Premier Member
Credits
is there any set collectors of his minor league baseball card set that will pay ?

got to figure someone on this board needs it

I likely will. Again, steep price but when I think of all the time and money I spent getting the others in the '95 Upper Deck set, it seems reasonable for someone like Jordan. I wouldn't do it if I didn't think I could finish the set.

As far as whether it's worth it, it depends on what you want for your collection and where you are financially. Most people here wouldn't give a penny for a Ray McDavid or BJ Wallace, but yet I'd pay a good price if either did a signing to get those guys from the early-mid 90's in blue. I'll admit, 15 years ago when this set was just a couple years old I likely wouldn't have paid what I am considering for Jordan because I wouldn't know that I'd be able to complete the set, and also I was in college at the time and finances weren't exactly back then what they are now.

pittgrad0214

Premier Member
born and raised in PA, Now living in Shelbyville K
Credits
I likely will. Again, steep price but when I think of all the time and money I spent getting the others in the '95 Upper Deck set, it seems reasonable for someone like Jordan. I wouldn't do it if I didn't think I could finish the set.

As far as whether it's worth it, it depends on what you want for your collection and where you are financially. Most people here wouldn't give a penny for a Ray McDavid or BJ Wallace, but yet I'd pay a good price if either did a signing to get those guys from the early-mid 90's in blue. I'll admit, 15 years ago when this set was just a couple years old I likely wouldn't have paid what I am considering for Jordan because I wouldn't know that I'd be able to complete the set, and also I was in college at the time and finances weren't exactly back then what they are now.

im glad this signing came up for you, you get it, its not for everyone but its awesome for those who need it. if there is ever another signing like this again i will likley fork it over to get a air jordan V done or some shoe like that, i just spent too much on auto tickets at sun times show to pay 1249 this time. based on the comments in this thread i guess not having the dough for both the sun times trip and the jordan signing gives me the right to bitch about how much they are charging for jordans sig

Hot Buttered Dustin

Premier Member
Credits
Zo does a free public signing every year but there's no mail ins and you'll have to wait 5+ hours to get him. It's at least more than the others listed do though.
We need somebody on this.... I need that dude in the worst way....