Michael Jordan Private Signing

JerseyInk

Premier Member
Credits
If the signing was in the summer, would drop the $$ in a minute. Wouldn't think twice about it.

LEESKI

Premier Member
Credits
No paying is fine, just not $899 for a great basketball player to sign a card, 8x10, ect. Jordan has already lost his "GOAT" status. Ask any teenager who the greatest basketball player of all time is and you are going to hear Kobe, Shaq, or Lebron.

SteelCurtain1974

Premier Member
Credits
Personally I think paying $899 for anyone's autograph no matter what the item is insane. I personally refuse to pay more than $50 for any graph no matter who it is.

scoreset

Moderator & Founding Member
Credits
And that's really what it comes down to, personal preference. If you're in the "it's worth it" group, then all that means is that you personally feel it's worth it. Which is fine. Same goes for those that think it's insane. Just like anything else, value is dictated by what someone is willing to pay.

wilder12

Lifetime Member
Credits
No paying is fine, just not $899 for a great basketball player to sign a card, 8x10, ect. Jordan has already lost his "GOAT" status. Ask any teenager who the greatest basketball player of all time is and you are going to hear Kobe, Shaq, or Lebron.

I had to inform a 10 year old girl last week that Michael Jordan retired awhile ago. She was very sad to hear that he retired, because he's the best basketball player ever.

lethalskills

Premier Member
Credits
I am working on an NBA 50 greatest player litho and would pay the price for that but the company would have to be 100 percent legit like CSA or Mounted Memories. Its being signed right now by Abdul Jabbar and Scottie Pippen anyways. But maybe someday though.

Champ Bailey

Premier Member
Credits
First, not sure that somebody's GOAT status is determined by teenagers. I'd think more by an overall fan base. Second, Michael Jordan's status as a larger than life icon in basketball already is sealed. He will always be in the conversation as basketball's most famous icon. Babe Ruth may or may not be the best baseball player of time, but I'd say he's still doing fine for himself in the legends of baseball conversation.

SDlou

Premier Member
Credits
A fleer rookie card probably

The 86 Fleer rookie card is just about the only card that might justify paying this amount for. Or also possibly the 1994 Fleer/Procards minor league error card, which is infinitely more difficult to find than the 86 RC. Of course, just buying either of these cards in decent condition unsigned will set you back a few hundred dollars, and then adding on the signing fee....ouch!

JerseyInk

Premier Member
Credits

Yea...lol..i don't even know where to begin. One thing is clear, i won't be asking a teenager who's been watching NBA all of 4 years who the greatest is. SMH.