Niel Poppel Granite Run Mall Show April 16-18

Skizzick

Lifetime Member
Credits
This is the email I just recieved from Niel Poppel:
Hi Everyone:

Previously, we told you about a new show we are having at the Granite Run Mall in Media PA.

We have already scheduled Vince Papale, Harold Carmichael, Mike Quick, Frank Lemaster and Hugh Douglas as signers. This, in itself, would make it the biggest Mall Show in S.E. Pa ever. We expect to have about 50 tables since the space is presently a bit limited. We may have to limit dealer participation if our estimates are correct, since the signers that will possibly be announced in the next 10-14 days could create a frenzy.

We expect to have two or more 2008 World Champion Phillies. One is an extremely big name that has barely ever appeared since they won the title. The second is a lesser name that has never appeared. Everyone that collects 2008 Phils items will want both autographs.

We are also working on additional non-football signers with great appeal.
Well, the big name is either Ryan Howard, Chase Utley, or Jayson Werth becuase they haven't done many (if any) public signings since the series. The other name could be So Taguchi (though he's probably in Japan), Clay Condrey. If anybody is going to this, I would greatly appreciate you taking a few things for me.

FlaccoFanatic5

Premier Member
Credits
Look at the prices already. $25 for Papale? $20 for Hugh Douglas? I can only imagine what the prices for Howard or Utley would be....my guess would be $150+. Werth did two or three signings after the 08 WS in the $35-$50 price range. I honestly think they are just hyping up whoever this 08 Phillie is..........I'd expect someone like an overpriced Carlos Ruiz or JC Romero. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a tough to get guy there, but based on the easy to get players they already have there, at those high prices, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

And Taguchi is in Japan, and Condrey is on the Twins.

Atlabraves

Banned
Credits
i heard werth isnt willing to do public signings, howard would be a fortune as would utley. I definitely could see a carlos ruiz cause i believe other than als he hasnt done anything, kyle kendrick is prob a good bet as well, maybe even victorino, but hes done signings recently. LIDGE could be another name.

Ill have a table at this show.....

PhilsPhanatic

Premier Member
Credits
It could possibly be Eric Bruntlett. He was scheduled to appear at a Poppel show a while back and ended up canceling. Heard he was willing to appear at a future show. He is currently in the Nationals minor league system so I guess it all depends on that too.

clip51

Premier Member
Credits
thinking of other ex players from that team.... wont be myers, burrell is in boston that weekend so thats not likely, stairs has done signings in the past... guess we'll have to wait and see

DHornung

Premier Member
Credits
This is great news. Anyone from the Phillies '08 WS team would be great for me. I am fairly new to graphing and I have recently started a Phillies '08 WS team project. I have a WS championship flag that was a giveaway on opening day last year. I am trying to get as many players as possible from that team to sign it. I currently only have 2: Myers and Victorino.