Phillies Phestival: June 13, 2011

phillysportz

Charter Member
Credits
Nice. These grab bags were STACKED! I love how all the autographs had holograms on them. Very well done, Phils!

Oh yea, and I also bought 2 grab bags. Got a $5 value Red Phillies adjustable cap, David Herndon unsigned postcard, Victorino Bobblehead, and a 2009 dvd. No graphs.

Skizzick

Lifetime Member
Credits

KenJ

Lifetime Member
Credits
Forgot the grab bags - my son got 3 of them while I was in a line. Michael Martinez auto'd hat, Oswalt bobblehead with throwback hat and a Rich Dubee auto'd ball.

dd316

Charter Member
Credits
I sold off a lot of my tickets before hand, glad I did as most of what they sent me were the crap stations. Of the ones I kept, I did luck out and get Lee so I was very happy with that. I just went to have fun, really. Didn't need quantity as I've pretty much got everybody already.

1/1 Cliff Lee on blank board (will be drawing a pic on it eventually. Only bad thing is he signed it in the extreme top corner even though I told him where I wanted it, kind of a bummer. I should have put a post it on where to sign. Oh well, live and learn. Was a last minute decision anyway)
1/1 Placido Polanco on my daughter's First Phillies Game certificate (which was Sunday) - I've gotten him before, so this was just for kicks.

My cousin went too, he had the Blanton booth and Stutes.

Bought a couple grab bags, got the Four Aces bobblehead set, a Chooch shirt and a Roy Halladay bank. Rolled the dice twice, won another Chooch shirt and a Phanatic shirt. Most of this stuff will be going to my Dad for Father's Day, he loves the giveaway stuff.

Had a good time, didn't seem as crowded as years before. Everything was very well organized and the lines seemed to all move really fast.

DHornung

Premier Member
Credits
I feel I had a fairly productive Phestival. While waiting in line for the gates to open, I traded my Lee for a Rollins, fearing that he will not be back next year. I also traded my Victorino and Polanco tickets for another Rollins and then traded that Rollins for a Howard. Here are my results:

1 x Howard (ticket) - 08 WS Team Pennant
1 x Rollins (ticket) - 08 WS Team Pennant
1 x Ibanez (ticket) - OMLB SS
1 x Brown (ticket) - OMLB SS
1 x Francisco (ticket) - OMLB SS
1 x Samuel (ticket) - OMLB SS
1 x Valdez (donation) - OMLB SS "1-0" inscription
1 x Sardinha (donation) - OMLB SS
1 x Lidge (donation) - OMLB SS "Lights Out" inscription
1 x Signed Howard Hat w/ MLB Auth (Grab Bag)
1 x Bob Boone Throw Back Jersey (Grab Bag)
1 x Oswalt Bobble (Grab Bag)

2008WFCs

Premier Member
Credits
For my first Phestival, and by myself, I was very happy with my results... plus now I know more about what to do next year!

Lee - ROMLB SS (ticket)
Stutes - ROMLB SS (ticket)
Blanton - 08 WS ball under logo with "08 World Champs" inscrip (ticket)
Herndon - ROMLB team ball (ticket)
Bastardo - ROMLB team ball (ticket)
Perlozzo - ROMLB team ball (ticket)
Polanco - ROMLB SS (donation)
Oswalt - ROMLB SS (donation)
Romero - 08 WS ball under logo with "World Champs" inscrip (donation)
Schneider - ROMLB team ball (donation)
Dubee - ROMLB team ball (donation)
And a couple Ballgirl autographs

Also got two grab bags, got:
Martinez - ROMLB SS (with MLB auth sticker)
Oswalt bobblehead
Opening week pennant T-shirt

Very pleased but two things I wish I had done differently:
1) there was a dude who said he worked at the Rawlings outlet selling baseballs in line outside, wanted $10 per ROMLB, and I only bought one. Should have grabbed a few more.
2) waited in the donation line for Victorino at the end, and got cut off by about 8 people. Shane wasn't even trying to get through the line. At one point, he posed for pictures and talked to someone for about 4 minutes. Meanwhile, the Ibanez donation line was short enough and I could have jumped in that instead. Only ball I had left at the end of the day was an 09 All-Star ball, so it would have worked for either Victorino or Ibanez. Oh well.

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
Can anyone get a photo of the bag that the grab bags were? And if anyone is willing to sell me one could you please pm me..I have gotten a few in the past. thanks]

sciflyer

Premier Member
Credits
Success this year

My son's friend got tix for Victorino and Lidge, so he was happy. I was able to help out Skizzick with his Utley bat, he made my daughter's day by giving her a Victorino ticket.
I was able to swap a Hamel's ticket for Howard ticket (did not need Hamels).
10 Cash donation for Oswalt and Lee. Cliff looked pretty peeved towards the end, no eye contact. I was 2 from the table when the lady said only 10 more sigs, so we lucked out. There was still maybe 150 people that got cut off.
My son only got the Halladay photo and auto, Lidge and a bobblehead in grab bag, so I am giving him the Cliff Lee ball.

sciflyer

Premier Member
Credits
For my first Phestival, and by myself, I was very happy with my results... plus now I know more about what to do next year!

Lee - ROMLB SS (ticket)
Stutes - ROMLB SS (ticket)
Blanton - 08 WS ball under logo with "08 World Champs" inscrip (ticket)
Herndon - ROMLB team ball (ticket)
Bastardo - ROMLB team ball (ticket)
Perlozzo - ROMLB team ball (ticket)
Polanco - ROMLB SS (donation)
Oswalt - ROMLB SS (donation)
Romero - 08 WS ball under logo with "World Champs" inscrip (donation)
Schneider - ROMLB team ball (donation)
Dubee - ROMLB team ball (donation)
And a couple Ballgirl autographs

Also got two grab bags, got:
Martinez - ROMLB SS (with MLB auth sticker)
Oswalt bobblehead
Opening week pennant T-shirt

Very pleased but two things I wish I had done differently:
1) there was a dude who said he worked at the Rawlings outlet selling baseballs in line outside, wanted $10 per ROMLB, and I only bought one. Should have grabbed a few more.
2) waited in the donation line for Victorino at the end, and got cut off by about 8 people. Shane wasn't even trying to get through the line. At one point, he posed for pictures and talked to someone for about 4 minutes. Meanwhile, the Ibanez donation line was short enough and I could have jumped in that instead. Only ball I had left at the end of the day was an 09 All-Star ball, so it would have worked for either Victorino or Ibanez. Oh well.

Same thing happened late in Lee's line. Was moving quickly and then just stopped at about 7:15. He was talking to someone for a while, and the line CRAWLED after that. He looked unhappy, ticked off actually. I got lucky, many people were cut off.