Phillies Phestival: June 13, 2011

DHornung

Premier Member
Credits
Same thing happened late in Lee's line. Was moving quickly and then just stopped at about 7:15. He was talking to someone for a while, and the line CRAWLED after that. He looked unhappy, ticked off actually. I got lucky, many people were cut off.

I was one of those people. Lee was definitely not a happy camper towards the end. It seemed like he left on his own terms. He signed his last item standing up against his leg, threw the pen on the table and walked away without as much as a wave or goodbye to anyone. The shame of it is, there were 3 people who had paid their donation and didn't get an auto cause he left in such a rush and without notice.

red33sox

Premier Member
Credits
I was very happy to attend. My brother and I woke up early in Hartford, CT, and took the 4 hour drive to Philly. After a quick stop to Geno's, we sat in line from 2pm until the gates opened. We were the only fools in RED SOX Hats.

Ended up with:
Howard on a min helmet (ticket)
Lidge on an 8 x 10 with "08 WS champs!" insc ( ticket)
Romero on an 8 x 10 (ticket)
Oswalt on a ROMLB (donation)
Polanco on a ROMLB (donation)
D. Brown on a ROMLB (donation)

Bought 5 grab bags:
received:
Utley on a ROMLB
Charlie Manuel on a ROMLB
Someon I cant make out on a ROMLB ( attached card said Lidge, but it was not him)
Oswalt bobble
4 Aces bobbleheads. (Collectors Edition)

Def. a great day .. a lot of fun.. worked by myself, so it was a great day of graphing. Wish the Red Sox did something like this.

Also, all 3 of the balls I received had some kind of stain on them.. not horrible, but noticable.
was everyone else's like this?

red33sox

Premier Member
Credits
Good point- I got home at 1am last night and then went to work, so when I get home tonight, I will go take a look again. If I still cant figure it out, I will take a pic. thanks

Skizzick

Lifetime Member
Credits
Good point- I got home at 1am last night and then went to work, so when I get home tonight, I will go take a look again. If I still cant figure it out, I will take a pic. thanks
It should have a hologram on it. You can just plug that in to the MLB authentication site.

tommyd2107

Premier Member
Credits
I'm gonna guess but it's prolly Wilson Valdez as his autograph is pretty hard to identify.

dj chipper

Banned
Credits
here are my results, i had 2 people helping me but did great:
Cliff Lee - 4 aces photo, 4 jerseys and si for a member of another site (paid for 4)
Brad Lidge - 16x20 w ruiz to complete it, 2008 as jersey, 2008 phillies jersey w patch, si and sports writers 08 cover (paid for 2) and 09 team helmet
Raul Ibanez - jersey and 11x14
Domoinic Brown - Jersey and 8x10 great graphs
Wilson Valdez - 8x10 of pitching, 4 cards
Dane Sardinha - 8x10
Antonio Bastardo - 2 8x10s
Roy Oswalt - Jersey and 4 aces photo
Cole Hamels - 4 aces photo
Brian Schneider - 8x10
Juan Samuel - (2) wall of fame phillies 11x14s
Larry Anderson - 2 cheap balls
Gary Matthews - 2 cheap balls
David Herndon - HIS Jersey was shocked and cheap ball
Danys Baez - His Jersey was shocked
JC Romero - Jersey
Pete Mackanin - cheap ball
Greg Gross - 2 cheap balls
Michael Stutes - 2 cheap balls
Ben Francisco - 8x10
Jose Contreras - 2 8x10s
Polanco - 11x14
Kendrick - 2 8x10s
Michael Martinez 8x10
Sam Perlozzo - cheap balls

Grab Bags - Mick Billemeyer UGH mlb ball, (2) Oswalt bobbles road jersey!!! 4 aces bobblehead.

Good day overall, i completed the 4 aces photo (paid for halladay on it)....wish i couldve landed a few howards or utleys but 6 lees is sweet!!!!

FlaccoFanatic5

Premier Member
Credits
Roy Oswalt - 11x14 SI Cover reprint
Chase Utley - 16x20
Jimmy Rollins - 11x14
Dom Brown - 11x14
Ross Gload - 8x10
Joe Blanton - 11x14 SI reprint
Danys Baez - 8x10
Jose Contreras - 8x10

So I hand Ross Gload my 8x10...he stares at it awhile, signs it, then turns to Billmeyer and says "Its amazing that someone actually has an action shot of me, isn't it?" to which Billmeyer responds "Whats the action? You getting up, walking over to the water cooler than back to the bench?"

Skizzick

Lifetime Member
Credits
So I hand Ross Gload my 8x10...he stares at it awhile, signs it, then turns to Billmeyer and says "Its amazing that someone actually has an action shot of me, isn't it?" to which Billmeyer responds "Whats the action? You getting up, walking over to the water cooler than back to the bench?"
Ha! That is the best quote I've heard all day.

Debbie25LW

Premier Member
Credits

LOL that station certainly did seem like it was sarcasm city- even when I stopped there. Have to say though, Ross Gload was pretty personable and friendly. Wish he'd be a little more like that on a regular gameday.