november 2011 suntimes show

SoonerOrLater

Premier Member
Credits
I think you could say that for just about anyone at these shows. It's cheaper to purchase an item that is already signed than it is to get your item signed.

kenoshacub

Premier Member
Credits
I have the same question

For what ever reasons people sometimes just want the thrill of meeting the guy. Personally I've been doing this so long I could careless to meet these guys. Most of them are nice enough guys when you do meet them, but I have met lots of a--holes also. And you can include Mays in that category. I personally would never pay that much for anyone, but someone must be in order for them to charge that. Plus that fact that Mays isn't going to be around much longer also intices people to pay that to meet him before he passes. Thats my opinion on it.

Bogeywon

Premier Member
Credits
For what ever reasons people sometimes just want the thrill of meeting the guy. Personally I've been doing this so long I could careless to meet these guys. Most of them are nice enough guys when you do meet them, but I have met lots of a--holes also. And you can include Mays in that category. I personally would never pay that much for anyone, but someone must be in order for them to charge that. Plus that fact that Mays isn't going to be around much longer also intices people to pay that to meet him before he passes. Thats my opinion on it.

i am the same way... i have been doing this for about 5 years but never have cared about meeting the players... i get all of my michigan wolverine stuff signed in person and the players are really nice but braylon edwards is a complete T.O. type! he LOVES HIM SOME HIM and it almost ruined it for me....

kenoshacub

Premier Member
Credits
i am the same way... i have been doing this for about 5 years but never have cared about meeting the players... i get all of my michigan wolverine stuff signed in person and the players are really nice but braylon edwards is a complete T.O. type! he LOVES HIM SOME HIM and it almost ruined it for me....

5 years? You're still a baby. Try 25 years and see how you feel about it then, lol

swish54

Founding Member
Website
www.freewebs.com
Credits

I think meeting the player, especially when it's one of the top players of that sport like Mays, that's part of the thrill. Another reason I'm going to fork over $450 for him is like you said, he'll be dead before long so my window is closing. Plus, even if an item is PSA/JSA/whatever certified, you never know if it's real if you didn't get it done yourself. I'd rather take that $100-$150 that I'd spend on an item of his that may turn out to be fake and put it towards something I know 100% is real.

kenoshacub

Premier Member
Credits
I think meeting the player, especially when it's one of the top players of that sport like Mays, that's part of the thrill. Another reason I'm going to fork over $450 for him is like you said, he'll be dead before long so my window is closing. Plus, even if an item is PSA/JSA/whatever certified, you never know if it's real if you didn't get it done yourself. I'd rather take that $100-$150 that I'd spend on an item of his that may turn out to be fake and put it towards something I know 100% is real.

Thats why they say to each his own. I didn't say you shouldn't spend it, I just gave my opinion on why people will pay that, and I was spot on with you. You're correct you never know what you get when you pay and don't see, but for that money I'll take my chance. And just a FYI, I got Mays years ago for a quarter of that price, under $50 I believe and in person. The reason the price is so high is because he won't be around much longer, so if you wanna meet him you better pay.

Vanteddy

Lifetime Member
Credits
RAFAEL FURCAL added to the lineup on Saturday. I'm really sad to hear Joe Frazier is sick with cancer. Keep fighting Mr. Frazier!!

Bogeywon

Premier Member
Credits