WAYNE GOMES - former Phillie and first round draft pick

scoreset

Moderator & Founding Member
Credits
I have ton of signed gomes. I never thought he was that bad, but I did get them signed early.

Pretty much by the time he became a ML regular, he was 1-per. He was particularly nasty with us locals, as he thought he had signed "hundreds" of cards for us, which was never the case.

buccopride

Lifetime Member
Website
www.przins.com
Credits
I met him and his father at the team hotel in Baltimore for interleague. They were so nice I will never forget how kind they were. The father was an ex-military man, very proud of their son and his sports accomplishments. Everytime I saw Wayne after that we always spoke about his family.

sMatt

Founding Member
Credits
Pretty much by the time he became a ML regular, he was 1-per. He was particularly nasty with us locals, as he thought he had signed "hundreds" of cards for us, which was never the case.

Same experience I had with him. First time I saw him was at AFL and I don't think he had even been to the majors at that point. He did 1 per and it was just a scribble.

Last time I saw him was in AAA just a few years ago and he was slightly nicer than the times I had seen him before but still just one per.

Seeing him in person made me surprised that he actually seemed to be fairly reliable through the mail.