March Chicago Sun-Times Show, March 11-13 2011

kidk

Premier Member
Credits
Albert Belle is the only guy that could get me to that show, and he's gotta be about broke by now, right?

jtrinaldi

Lifetime Member
Credits
basketball- Junior Bridgman,Sydney Moncreif,
Football- Antonio Freeman,mike holmgren,george koonce,chris jackie

jeff3880wi

Lifetime Member
Credits
They need to get Carl Yastrzemski, Hank Aaron, Yogi Berra, and Brett Favre to the show.

I'd also like to see George Brett like several others have mentioned.

Stan Musial and Tom Seaver who cancelled for the November show need to be rescheduled.

Last edited:

kenoshacub

Premier Member
Credits
That list is sure to line the pockets of the promoters. I cant say I would walk across the street for any of them.

Ahh c'mon you wouldn't pay 49 flat 69 premium and 20 for a inscription from George Koonce?
Dude if you want Freeman so bad he'll be at a high school basketball tourney here next week for free. I seriously doubt they'll be anyone getting him

Yaz, Berra, and Aaron will never be here. Neither of them like to travel. Musials days are numbered for appearances. He's not doing that well. And the rest of those big names simply don't need the money bad enough to do a show. You either need the money or want the money. And most of them don't qualify for either category.

greedy19

Lifetime Member
Credits
I got Freeman years ago when Ball Four did a signing with him. I'd part with the 8x10 I got at that signing for the right offer. PM me if interested.

pittgrad0214

Premier Member
born and raised in PA, Now living in Shelbyville K
Credits
if you are giving real feedback to becky about autograph guest how about other recomendations for the show that could help us collectors and help the promters maket he show better and make more money.

besides the obvious psa line

1. maybe a sportsgraphing.com member discount like mab does for auto tickets for signinghotline members. it would only encourage us to self promote the show and bring more items for others
2. baseball card pricing in a catagory for most guests. while the price may be lower this will help push volume this board and other boards are full of set collectors
3. have more than 2 will call and 2 autograph ticket sale lines for the first 2 hours on friday and saturday. checking the tickets at will call and purchasing them takes a ton of time and waiting really is pain in the ass.
4. have liscensed photos at the merch table, not only will the quality be better but its only a matter of time before a player refuses to sign them
5. develop a way to allow vips to get autographs from the vip guests when we purchase alot of paid autograph guest tickets. when i have 3-5 paid tickets during a busy time period ie 1-3 i cant get any vip guest signatures. i know in the past with some better vips they put 2 tickets in each bag so you were set wtih 2 autos. especially an issue for us who get psa on our itmes there

anyone else have any thoughts