March Chicago Sun-Times Show, March 11-13 2011

salty99

Premier Member
Credits
Funny about BJ since he didn't go to the Bulls reunion last night. He was a VIP at the show a while back and just was at the Chicago auto show so Rodman is wrong.

kenoshacub

Premier Member
Credits
I do believe B.J. is Derrick Roses agent. Thats what he does now, represents players.

bizzle

Premier Member
Credits
I also went to the show and everything went very well. I was first in line for Pippen (walked up before they announced blue bands). I had my Pippen 16 in my box and the douchebag grabbed the photo out of the box and slung it on the table. Luckily, for him, it didn't ding my photo. There was nobody behind me and he was acting like huge dumb-a. I was getting all my 16s done by just sitting the box down and not taking any photos out so no real reason for him to do that. Did a bunch of guys including Bradford and Ryan and they were both super nice. Everyone used my vis-a-vis and had no issue taking my pen when I asked them to. I was very happy as it's the first show like this I have ever done. All my graphs turned out amazing....will post a few later...

Stosh

Banned
Credits
I also went to the show and everything went very well. I was first in line for Pippen (walked up before they announced blue bands). I had my Pippen 16 in my box and the douchebag grabbed the photo out of the box and slung it on the table. Luckily, for him, it didn't ding my photo. There was nobody behind me and he was acting like huge dumb-a. I was getting all my 16s done by just sitting the box down and not taking any photos out so no real reason for him to do that. Did a bunch of guys including Bradford and Ryan and they were both super nice. Everyone used my vis-a-vis and had no issue taking my pen when I asked them to. I was very happy as it's the first show like this I have ever done. All my graphs turned out amazing....will post a few later...

LOL,

edit: Glad your photo didn't get ruined.

Last edited:

greedy19

Lifetime Member
Credits
Did you guys hear any rumblings for any new National names? Themes, etc?

mulliganman

Premier Member
Credits
mulliganman (and anyone else getting Pippen).....I expect a full wrap-up on this encounter so I can vicariously live though you guys for a moment. :D

mulliganman, you have to throw up a pic of that jersey once it gets done!

I'll try to get up a pic sometime today. I am very pleased with how it turned out! I decided once there to double dip on Scottie and get an official ball done too (the line to buy an additional ticket was insanely long). I agree with what everyone else said about Pippen's line. It moved extremely quick and my stuff was signed before I knew what happened. I did make sure I pointed out to the handler where I wanted the jersey signed. It would have been nice to have a little bit more of an interaction but my stuff came out very nice so I won't complain too much.

As for other obervations, it was ridiculous trying to get through to the lines (especially on Saturday). People were crowding in front of the entrance and there was no real walkway to get through. It was a bit better on Saturday. PSA lines were a huge mess on Saturday. It was slightly better on Sunday but still way too long to get through the line. I thought Henderson, Marino, Bradford, and Lewis were all nice. In my experience, the biggest tool of the weekend was Vick. He was too busy chatting to pay much attention to what he was signing, seemed too good for any interaction, and completely ruined my Eagles mini and inscription because of his carelessness. He acted almost like he had never handled a deco before. I was pissed about the mini because I had gotten the 2nd chance inscription but he had ruined it. I told the staff and they gave me a new Eagles mini, a new auto ticket, and my money back on the inscription. I didn't want to chance him screwing up the inscription again.

mulliganman

Premier Member
Credits
I tried for Rodman twice. First 16 he smudged. I went and complained about it so they gave me another autograph ticket. He smudged the second one as well. They ended up refunding me for the autograph and the PSA and let me keep both of the smudged photos. Don't really understand why a guy would wear gloves while he is signing autographs.

Yours wasn't the only he smudged. When I was in the PSA line someone from Mounted Memories came around trying to sell a ball Rodman had also smeared and ruined.